3. What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the Site. But, we do receive and/or collect information from you in the following ways:
3.1. ‘Contact Us’ Information. If you send us a “Contact Us” request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by using an email address that we provide, you may be required to provide us with information such as your full name, email address, company name, job title, and country, as well as any other Personal Information you disclose. You may choose to provide additional contact information such as a phone number.
3.2. Account. In order to provide you with certain services or programs you may be required to create an account (“Account”). When you create an Account you will be asked to provide us with information which may include your first and last name, job title, country, phone number, email address, company name, company category, the number of employees in your company, the country in which your company is located, and other specified information, which may include a password that you will use for your Account. We shall then send an email to your nominated external email address to instruct you how to confirm your registration.
3.3. Developer’s Community and Other Offerings. If you choose to register to participate in our Developer’s Community, or another offering via the Site, you may first be required to provide us with information such as your full name, email address, telephone number, address, and other specified information.
3.4. Newsletter Mailing List. If you choose to receive newsletters or other promotional materials about our products and services, whether on a one-time or periodic basis, you may be required to provide us with information such as your name, email address, company name, country, industry and other specified information.
3.5. Software Downloads. We may offer you the opportunity to download certain software from the Site. If you choose to do so, you may first be required to provide certain information such as your name, email address and other specified information. You acknowledge that your use of software that you download via the Site is subject to the terms and conditions of the related software license agreement, which you agree to abide by.
3.6. Product Request Forms. We may offer you the opportunity to submit an online form whereby you request to purchase certain products or services from us. If you choose to submit an online product request form, you may first be required to provide certain information such as your name, email address, company name, industry, shipping address and other specified information.
3.8. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Some of our Site pages utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about Site activity. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a Site user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
4. The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Site, then such Personal Information may be used in the following ways:
4.1. We will use your Personal Information: (i) to provide and improve our Site and services to you, (ii) to contact you in connection with the Site and certain products, services, programs, newsletters or any other offerings that you may have registered for, and (iii) to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Site and services that you are authorized to access. We may also use your designated email address to send you general updates or news regarding the Site and our products and services.
4.2. We may use your Personal Information to contact you in response to a “Contact Us” request.
4.5. We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Site if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of PrimeSense, its users, yourself or the public.
5. Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our services and enhance your experience with the Site. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners, for purposes including, but not limited to, targeting advertisements. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Site.
6. Opting-Out. You may remove yourself from our mailing list by following the instructions within each email that you receive from us.
7. Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. The notices that we provide on the Site in circumstances where we collect Personal Information should help you to make this choice. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you may still visit parts of the Site, but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
8. Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, PrimeSense wishes to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to correct a material inaccuracy in your Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit an access request by sending an email to contact [at] primesense [dot] com. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
10. Links to Other Sites. The Site may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by PrimeSense. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third party websites, and you visit them at your own risk.
11. Children’s Privacy. The Site is not structured to attract individuals under the age of 18. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 18 years of age.
12. Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on the Site, you can contact us at contact [at] primesense [dot] com.
14. Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of PrimeSense who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to contact [at] primesense [dot] com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
Last modified: 19 August 2012